join our team
CDSI offers health, vision, life and dental insurance for employees. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays. We also provide a 401(k) matching program.
We have a collaborative work environment. Work on interesting & challenging projects with smart & talented people!
CDSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected Veteran status.
CDSI JOB DESCRIPTION
FIRMWARE DESIGN ENGINEER (Contract)
- Designs, builds, tests, and troubleshoots firmware components of embedded functionality
- Execute designing, coding, debugging, and unit testing of firmware products
- Interact with system engineers to resolve hardware/firmware/software integration issues
- Interact with other departments to participate in specification, design, code, and test reviews
- Evaluate problems to develop solutions relating to overall system operation
- Provide analysis verification of existing CDSI firmware products
- Improve system functionality by analyzing and identifying areas for alteration
- Contribute to and enhance CDSI firmware development and documentation procedures.
- Interact with users to define requirements for new systems and/or perform necessary alterations to existing products
- Contribute to project planning and project management
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects within design specifications and budget limitations
- Interact with all internal and external sources necessary to successfully complete assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Field of Expertise: FPGA code design, development, integration
- Minimum Experience in Expertise: 2 Years
- Preferred Experience: 4 Years
Desired Competencies and Skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication -- written and oral skills
- Conflict resolution
- Computer network and computer system familiarity
- Organization skills
- Leadership shills
- Organized reporting of periodic progress updates and final reporting as required
- Troubleshooting skills: Problem identification and resolution
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Frequently at desk (seated or standing OK)
- Frequent and regular use of a computer
- Some interaction with equipment will be required. This might require climbing on stools and ladders
- The work environment is generally quiet.
- Some associated equipment noise might be encountered in the field (compressors, fans etc...)
- Hearing protection will be provided as required
Must be eligible to work in the United States